The North Gloucestershire Orienteering Club (NGOC) is part of the the British Orienteering Federation (BOF), and by joining NGOC, you will automatically be part of the sport’s national body. NGOC falls within the South West Orienteering Association(SWOA), so you will also become part of SWOA.
As a British Orienteering member you will receive:
- The British Orienteering magazine, Focus, which includes the junior magazine Ozone (3 copies per year – one copy per postal address)
- Discounts from national companies through the member discounts scheme (click here for a full list of discounts available)
- The option to sign up for a range of e-newsletters
- Eligibility to compete in the championship classes at the British Championships, the JK and the Area Championships (Northern; Midlands and Southern)
- Eligibility to compete in the United Kingdom Orienteering League
- Eligibility to compete in the Harvester Relays
- Opportunity to qualify to represent your country at international competitions
- The option to compete in a Rankings scheme
- Eligibility to apply for awards under the British Orienteering Badge Scheme
- Access to a ‘Navigational Challenge’ and ‘Racing Challenge’ Incentive Scheme
- Public Liability Insurance when participating in events and activities registered with British Orienteering
- Papers and vote at the British Orienteering AGM
- Access to a members only section of the website
If you join or renew anytime from the 1st November of each year, your membership of British Orienteering and NGOC will be valid through to the end of the following year. If you are not already a member you are encouraged to join now to get the benefits of club membership, the most obvious being lower event entry fees(at local events you pay £1 extra if you are not a British Orienteering member, and at larger events £2 more). There are also a number of companies providing discounts to members, offsetting the cost of membership.
The table below shows the membership categories and fees for 2017.
To join NGOC, go to the British Orienteering Federation (BOF) website Join Online Page. You will be asked which club and association you wish to join. Select NGOC from the first drop-down list, and SWOA will be automatically selected as the association. The system will offer Family membership, but this is purely to identify how many people are applying to join; it is no longer a separate membership category. If you would like to find out more, please contact the club’s membership secretary, Simon Denman, at Membership@ngoc.org.uk